PARTNERS for the Arts, Inc.
7th ANNUAL NATIONAL OPERA AWARDS COMPETITION
PARTNERS announces its 7th ANNUAL NATIONAL OPERA AWARDS COMPETITION, to be held October 12 & 13, 2019, at the historic Lyceum, Alexandria, VA – accessible by metro and minutes away from Reagan National Airport. Approved applicants move to Semi-Finals Round, October 12. Finalists compete for First, Second, and Honorable Mention Prizes in Round 2 on October 13. Judges for Semi and Final Rounds are opera experts.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 6, 2019
First Prize: $8,000
Second Prize: $4,000
Honorable Mention Award $2,000 in honor of Sylvia Mestek
Finalists’ Encouragement Award: $300 each
- Applicants, whether or not under artist management, must be between the ages of 25 and 35 at the date of the competition–October 13, 2019.
- Non-U.S. citizens must show proof of legal residency in the United States or proof of full-time enrollment in a university, college, or conservatory in the United States before being permitted to enter the competition. Federal and Virginia state laws require that tax be withheld on money won as prizes by non-U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be able to attend the semifinal and the final rounds of the competition.
- Winners must be present to receive a competition prize on the day of the final round. Nonparticipation in the awards ceremony by a winner will constitute cancellation of the prize.
- Applicants selected for an award may be invited to perform at future PARTNERS for the Arts events and receive an honorarium.