PARTNERS FOR THE ARTS, INC.
PARTNERS’ 6th Annual Opera Awards Competition
PARTNERS for the Arts will hold its 6th Annual Opera Awards Competition April 14 and 15, 2018, in search of opera’s rising stars. It will consist of a preliminary round and a final round. Both rounds of the competition will take place in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The judges will come from prominent opera companies that are partnering with us.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 23,2018
First Prize: $8,000
Second Prize: $4,000
Honorable Mention Award in honor of Sylvia Mestek $2,000 **
Finalists’ Encouragement Award: $300 each
** This prize has just been raised thanks to the generosity of Drs. James and Wanda Trefil.
- Applicants, whether or not under artist management, must be between the ages of 25 and 35 at the date of the competition–April 15, 2018.
- Non-U.S. citizens must show proof of legal residency in the United States or proof of full-time enrollment in a university, college, or conservatory in the United States before being permitted to enter the competition. Federal and Virginia state laws require that tax be withheld on money won as prizes by non-U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be able to attend the semifinal and the final rounds of the competition.
- Winners must be present to receive a competition prize on the day of the final round. Nonparticipation in the awards ceremony by a winner will constitute cancellation of the prize.
- Applicants selected for an award will be invited to perform at a future PARTNERS for the Arts, Inc. event and remunerated.