PARTNERS FOR THE ARTS, INC.
PARTNERS’ 7th Annual Vocal Awards Competition
Information, Guidelines, and Application
PARTNERS for the Arts will hold its 7th Annual Vocal Awards Competition October 12 and 13, 2019, in search of opera’s rising stars. It will consist of a semifinal round and a final round. Both rounds of the competition will take place in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. A panel of professional opera experts will judge the competition.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 6, 2019
First Prize: $8,000
Second Prize: $4,000
** Honorable Mention Award $2,000 in honor of Sylvia Mestek
Finalists’ Encouragement Award: $300 each
** Donated by Drs. James and Wanda Trefil.
- Applicants, whether or not under artist management, must be between the ages of 25 and 35 at the date of the competition–October 13, 2019.
- Non-U.S. citizens must show proof of legal residency in the United States or proof of full-time enrollment in a university, college, or conservatory in the United States before being permitted to enter the competition. Federal and Virginia state laws require that tax be withheld on money won as prizes by non-U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be able to attend the semifinal and the final rounds of the competition.
- Winners must be present to receive a competition prize on the day of the final round. Nonparticipation in the awards ceremony by a winner will constitute cancellation of the prize.
- Applicants selected for an award will be invited to perform at a future PARTNERS for the Arts, Inc. event and remunerated.